E-mail notification working for Admin and not others users. v3.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

E-mail notification working for Admin and not others users. v3.2

In short any Zabbix Administrator e-mail I put it can send to. But it can only take 1. I have 2 coworkers I also want to get. So I setup users and emails, then add to Zabbix Admin group only I get the email. Then I changed the email to one of coworkers under Zabbix Admin and it worked...

What am I missing, I know email works but I go under
    Configurations, Actions, Operations, and make sure I'm not only adding but clicking the correct Update button. Log out of that screen and go back to make sure.

I've tried creating a new group called Admin and added them as users.
    I tried just adding users in the actions/operations.

Then I just went back and readded these users and only added in Zabbix Admin group and only added that group to the Actions/Operations. What am i doing wrong?

Yesterday anewark help me find out where to set, but still not working.

So really it's about selecting who to notify. On the media type in Administration, this is the sending address. For recipients, link their email to their user account via the media tab/link. Then finally in Configuration>Actions add the trigger and what users should be notified. I know that's general, but should get you along the right direction. I'm no pro with notifications as we sit in the dashboard constantly and respond as issues come up, though we're new into our deployment.

Hi uncram,
    your users should have an access rights to that group of hosts, otherwise indeed they wouldn't receive the message. Check the rights

Regards,
    Alex!

Comment

Testing adding permissions

Hi Alex,

I've checked host and host groups but do not see any "rights" settings.
      Under the user groups I do see permissions but email.

I do see to setup a group called Admins. The create user 1 and 2, add them to group. Then on Admin group under permissions I added the HOST NAME GROUP then set to read/write?
      That does seems closer but they are not even logging into the frontend they just need to get the emails?

Originally posted by uncram View Post
      In short any Zabbix Administrator e-mail I put it can send to. But it can only take 1. I have 2 coworkers I also want to get. So I setup users and emails, then add to Zabbix Admin group only I get the email. Then I changed the email to one of coworkers under Zabbix Admin and it worked...

What am I missing, I know email works but I go under
      Configurations, Actions, Operations, and make sure I'm not only adding but clicking the correct Update button. Log out of that screen and go back to make sure.

I've tried creating a new group called Admin and added them as users.
      I tried just adding users in the actions/operations.

Then I just went back and readded these users and only added in Zabbix Admin group and only added that group to the Actions/Operations. What am i doing wrong?

Yesterday anewark help me find out where to set, but still not working.

So really it's about selecting who to notify. On the media type in Administration, this is the sending address. For recipients, link their email to their user account via the media tab/link. Then finally in Configuration>Actions add the trigger and what users should be notified. I know that's general, but should get you along the right direction. I'm no pro with notifications as we sit in the dashboard constantly and respond as issues come up, though we're new into our deployment.

Comment

That worked

I didn't ever read about these permissions and only thought that it meant frontend read/write access. So to get specific if only want email to this user than read only to get the notifications?

Comment

Originally posted by uncram View Post
          I didn't ever read about these permissions and only thought that it meant frontend read/write access. So to get specific if only want email to this user than read only to get the notifications?
          I think yes, the read-only would be enough

Comment

More with permissions

I also read this if it helps anyone understand permissions:

FROM BOOK:
            Zabbix admins may create new maintenance entries and include host groups and hosts they have write permissions on
            Zabbix admins may edit existing maintenance entries if they have write permissions on all the hosts and host groups included in those maintenance entries

Comment

So only people in the Zabbix Admins group can receive notifications?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X