Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Setup: error: invalid MySQL Directory

Hi everyone,
    I'm a totally super noob in this. I've never work with Linux before. As requested by my supervisor, he wanted me to install Zabbix onto a Fedora 6 box we have in the office. I follow the instruction, install ... oh god.. tons of small things ..., then when I ran the following command (i'm sorry if I use the wrong wording, i don't even understand the command, i just follow instruction )

./configure --enable-server --with-mysql --with-net-snmp –with-jabber –with-libcurl # for MySQL + Jabber + WEB monitoring

I use MySQL by the way.
    I got the error:

Invalid MySQL Directory - unable to find mysql.h

I googled for MySQL Header, then download a few .rpm from mysql.com. All of them got error, either conflict with something, or just not working. I have one sample here:
    Error updating software:
    [('file /usr/bin/mysql_config from install of MySQL-devel-5.0.37-0 conflicts with file from pacjage mysql-5.0.27-1.fc6 ... ..

Please help me. I have spent 5 hours on this already. I really don't know what to do.

I have the same problem. I am trying to install on solaris 9 running mysql.
    mysql installation is already running another database without any problems but I am getting the same error below..

From what I can find on google I may need to install some mysql-devel package but I cannot find this for solaris... Any ideas?

Comment

I have a similar problem... I'm trying to install Zabbix 1.4 in my AIX5.3 and I always get the same error when I try to config ( ./configure --prefix=/usr/local/zabbix --enable-server --enable-static --with-mysql=/blabla/blabla/mysql/include --with-libcurl )

configure: error: Not found MySQL library

I'm trying with all directorys possible, with and without --enable-static... but I always get the same error... I think this is an AIX issue, because as I installed Zabbix 1.1.6 happened the same but somehow I could install... now I can't

any sugestion?

TIA

Comment

Please see `./configure --help`

--with-mysql[=ARG] use MySQL client library [default=no], optionally specify path to mysql_config

Comment

What if there is no mysql_config? We installed mysql using a rpm.
          How to install?

Comment

mysql_config is a binary provided with MySQL client or server.
            Alexei Vladishev
            Creator of Zabbix, Product manager
            New York | Tokyo | Riga
            My Twitter

Comment

When I point to mysql_config it works, but now I have problems with the "z lib".

checking for main in -lz ... no
              configure: error: Not found z library

I made a shell script and tried to configure Zabbix, but it doesn't work...

#!/usr/bin/ksh

export LDFLAGS="-L/.../zlib/lib"
              export OBJECT_MODE=64
              export CC=gcc
              export CFLAGS=-maix64

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/zabbix --enable-server --enable-static --with-my
              sql=/mysql/bin/mysql_config --with-libcurl=/usr/local/zabbix/curl --w
              ith-net-snmp=/net-snmp/net-snmp-5.2/include/net-snmp

what should I do?

I'm trying to install in an AIX 5.3

TIA

Comment

Originally posted by oldstu12a4
                Error updating software:
                [('file /usr/bin/mysql_config from install of MySQL-devel-5.0.37-0 conflicts with file from pacjage mysql-5.0.27-1.fc6 ... ..

Please help me. I have spent 5 hours on this already. I really don't know what to do.
                try with the same version devel-5.0.27-0 and not devel-5.0.37-0
                or update your MySQL version to 5.0.41.0 you have all pkg on this page :
                http://dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/5.0.html

for FC6 : https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedo.../msg00183.html
                or
                http://rpm.pbone.net/index.php3/stat...tan/2007-05-12

good luck!

Comment

I had the same error in .configure:

checking for mysql_config... no

I just install :

rpm -ivh MySQL-devel-standardXXXXX.rpm

and than resolve the problem.

Comment