Problems installing

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems installing

When I try to use ./configure, make, make install it works but I can't find any traces of the program on my system. I don't know how to actually get to it so I can start the service.

Also I tried using a longer config string such as:

./configure --enable-server --enable-agent -with-mysql=/usr/lib/mysql/mysqld_config --with-net-snmp --with-libcurl=/usr/bin/curl-config

But then I get this error later on durring the process:

"configure: error: not found mysqlclient library"

Originally posted by Red Squirrel View Post
    When I try to use ./configure, make, make install it works but I can't find any traces of the program on my system.
    [..]
    ./configure --enable-server --enable-agent -with-mysql=/usr/lib/mysql/mysqld_config --with-net-snmp --with-libcurl=/usr/bin/curl-config
    [..]
    "configure: error: not found mysqlclient library"
    ./configure without --enable-server and/or --enable-agent configures zabbix not to build server or agent. Hence nothing can be installed.

If you desire to use mysql, you need it installed. That's why it says "not found mysqlclient library".
    Please post some more information here if you don't know what to do, i.e. the full error message, look in the configure.log as well what went wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by freak View Post
      ./configure without --enable-server and/or --enable-agent configures zabbix not to build server or agent. Hence nothing can be installed.

If you desire to use mysql, you need it installed. That's why it says "not found mysqlclient library".
      Please post some more information here if you don't know what to do, i.e. the full error message, look in the configure.log as well what went wrong.
      Yeah I have mysql installed, I even used the mysql command to create the schema and everything. It's a centOS installation with mysql apache etc installed.

Comment

Make sure you have all of the following:

mysql
        mysql-server
        mysql-devel
        php-mysql

You can just do a:

yum install mysql mysql-server mysql-devel php-mysql

Comment

Is there a way to check that without using yum? Theres no internet access on that server. This is an isolated test environment. Even the GUI tool wont work (which is stupid imo) because it immediately tries to connect to the internet and of course can't. So I cant even manage local packages.
          Last edited by Red Squirrel; 10-01-2008, 17:57.

Comment

# rpm -q mysql
            # rpm -q mysql-server
            etc.

the output will either show the version installed or say its not installed.

Comment

Ok ran into a serious issue. I HATE dependancies, can't stand the Linux install "system" they really need to come up with a better standard.

Anyway, anyone ever run into this?

One of the dependancies wants me to install elfutils-devel, but that package requires elfutils-devel-static, but elfutils-devel-static requires elfutils-devel. So I'm pretty much screwed.

Comment

"Have you tried turning it off and on again?"

Ok ran into a serious issue. I HATE dependancies, can't stand the Linux install "system" they really need to come up with a better standard.
                what "Linux" do you use at all, do you realize there is not one Linux but hundrets of Linux distributions?

How is anyone supposed to help you if you provide no information at all?

Anyway, anyone ever run into this?
                Into dependencies? Yeah.

One of the dependancies wants me to install elfutils-devel, but that package requires elfutils-devel-static, but elfutils-devel-static requires elfutils-devel. So I'm pretty much screwed.
                So it looks like your Linux distribution has a problem. Maybe upgrade it. Or read the manual.

Comment

My bad was sure I mentioned it.

I'm using CentOS 5 (I think.. whatever latest is)

Comment

If you could connect the box to the internet just for the install portion yum will install all the dependencies for you. Dependencies are a pain but yum makes it super easy.

Your issue is that you are not connected to the internet so it makes it harder. If you cant do that I would suggest you download and burn all of the disks for CentOS as most of the things you need are on the disks.

RANT ON
                    (Note: This is coming from an MCSE with no formal linux training or certifications who runs 13 windows servers and 6 linux severs)

Most linux apps are delivered as slim as possible (without any of the dependencies) unlike many windows apps. How many times have you downloaded a windows app (lets say 10MB in size without dependencies) that had a copy of the dotnet framework and Sql express bundled with it (adding close to 100MB in size) when you didnt need either of them because you already had them? That 110 MB download only contained 10MB of actual application that you needed. Wouldn't you rather download 10MB if thats all you needed?

/RANT OFF

Comment

Originally posted by swaterhouse View Post
                      Make sure you have all of the following:

mysql
                      mysql-server
                      mysql-devel
                      php-mysql

You can just do a:

yum install mysql mysql-server mysql-devel php-mysql
                      This fixed the mysql issue for me. CentOS 5.6 64, Zabbix 1.9.4 Just installing mysql server wasn't enough apparently. Thanks for the help.

Comment

remercement

Hello, I also have the problem as the first floor. Thanks for your suggestion.

Comment

Working...
                        X