Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I have Zabbix Clients version 3.X working with Server Version 2.X?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I have Zabbix Clients version 3.X working with Server Version 2.X?

Hello,

I have zabbix server 2.X with zabbix clients 2.X. I'm interested in the feature "web.page.regexp" but it doesn't seem to be working in version 2.X

I did few tests and that feature works in version 3.X. In particular from what I tested, the feature is implemented in the client, so I was able to confirm the feature works with Server 2.X and Client 3.X

Right now, I have no plans to upgrade the server side as I don't own it, however I can upgrade the client side easily.

The question is, can I have Clients in version 3.X while server is in version 2.X? Please notice that went to https://www.zabbix.com/documentation.../compatibility and I read that one can have older clients with new servers but in my case I want the opposite.

Thanks a lot
    Luis

I think you only get items that the lowest version supports. The agent would support it, but the server and web frontend don't know how to define it. You should be able to do something similar with a userparameter item. Either call a script or use curl piped to grep -o might work.

Comment

In this case the server does not care about what the item actually does, the frontend even less.

Same for user parameters - it is a simple agent item with a free form key. Server does not care as long as agent knows how to interpret the key. Since "web.page.regexp" is a known key to 3.x agents then it works with older 2.x server. Same applies to all the other items.

Comment

Ask questions to Zabbix Dev Team in person at the Zabbix Summit 2018!
      Working...
      X