Hi,
we are using the PAM module for authentication against our MariaDB cluster.
We also want to monitor that authentication with Zabbix.
Unfortunately this seems to be impossible.
At first we got the error "this authentication plugin is not supported". This is because by default the PAM module for mariadb uses the dialog authentication plugin which is not supported by go-sql-driver. After adding "pam_use_cleartext_plugin" to the mariadb config it now uses the "mysql_clear_password" authentication plugin. Unfortunately enabling this requires setting "allowCleartextPasswords=1" in the DSN. But I found not way of passing this DSN parameter through the zabbix agent.
If there is a way I could not find it would be highly appreciated.
kind regards
Clemens
we are using the PAM module for authentication against our MariaDB cluster.
We also want to monitor that authentication with Zabbix.
Unfortunately this seems to be impossible.
At first we got the error "this authentication plugin is not supported". This is because by default the PAM module for mariadb uses the dialog authentication plugin which is not supported by go-sql-driver. After adding "pam_use_cleartext_plugin" to the mariadb config it now uses the "mysql_clear_password" authentication plugin. Unfortunately enabling this requires setting "allowCleartextPasswords=1" in the DSN. But I found not way of passing this DSN parameter through the zabbix agent.
If there is a way I could not find it would be highly appreciated.
kind regards
Clemens