Zabbix 3.4 Frontend Dashboard Errors in Query - MySQL 8.0.11

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zabbix 3.4 Frontend Dashboard Errors in Query - MySQL 8.0.11

Hi everyone. I am very new to Zabbix. I have installed Zabbix 3.4 on my CentOS 7. After I logged in to my browser to access the GUI, I get a lot of errors shown on my dashboard. Can someone please help me with this issue?

The errors shown under 'Host Status' and 'System Status':

Error in query [SELECT g.groupid,g.name FROM groups g WHERE EXISTS (SELECT NULL FROM hosts h,hosts_groups hg WHERE hg.hostid=h.hostid AND h.status='0' AND g.groupid=hg.groupid)] [You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'groups g WHERE EXISTS (SELECT NULL FROM hosts h,hosts_groups hg WHERE hg.hostid=' at line 1]

MySQL Version Installed:

show variables like"%version%";

innodb_version: 8.0.11
    protocol version: 10
    tls_version: TLSv1, TLSv1.1, TLSv1.2
    version:8.0.11
    version_comment: MySQL Community Server - GPL
    version_compile_machine: x86_64
    version_compile_os: Linux
    version_compile_zlib: 1.2.11

I know that MySQL 8.0 was just released last month. Is it supported by Zabbix 3.4? What do I do to solve this issue? Not sure what's happening with the dashboard errors.

Zabbix 3.4 does not support MySQL 8.0.
    Please use a previous version such as MySQL 5.7.
    Zabbix 4.0 may be able to support it, but it has not been officially released yet.

ZBX-12451 : "groups" (8.0.2) and "function" (8.0.1) are reserved words since MySQL 8.0
    https://support.zabbix.com/browse/ZBX-12451

Comment

• zabbixadmin_newbie
      zabbixadmin_newbie commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you so much. I'm using MySQL 5.7.22 now on my Zabbix 3.4 and the errors on the dashboard are gone. This solved the issue. Rookie mistake on my part. Thanks again. Have a nice day.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X