zabbix snmp traps not showing up in web ui

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zabbix snmp traps not showing up in web ui

Hi guys! I am really struggling to figure this out.

I am trying to get snmp traps from my monitored device to my zabbix server web user interface. I get it in the tmp file and I have configured trapper in zabbix_server.conf to pick it up and I can see using "lsof" command that the process is reading the file. But still nothing in the UI (monitoring -> latest data). I find the snmptrap fallback item but no data in it even though tmp file is full of traps from this IP. I have verified that the IP is matching with the IP on the host snmp interface. I also checked the "Log unmatched SNMP traps" under configuration, general, other.

I have enabled debug log and restarted zabbix_server.. Nothing in the log regarding this tmp file, or traps for that matter show up in log.

Please I need advice how to go further. Next step for me would be to start process using strace but I am not sure how I would start it. I guess I will read init script and see.. Please give me advise or questoins.

/Stefan

I posted about using strace to see whether zabbix-server was seeing traps in a previous thread, https://www.zabbix.com/forum/zabbix-...help-snmp-trap

Does the procedure there help?

Comment

So I found the issue.

All tutorials / docs I have read so far only tells me to put snmptrapper config in zabbix_server.conf. Nothing mentioning that IF you run zabbix_proxy on separate node, the snmptrapper needs to run at that location. And needs to be configured in zabbix_proxy.conf instead of zabbix_server.conf.

This was it. I actually tried to follow the docs and that made me use nfs mount for the snmptrap.tmp file. So that zabbix_server could pick it up.. So, snmptrapd running on proxy, perl script populated the snmptrap.tmp file on NFS, and then zabbix_server picked it up from NFS and logged the incoming traps in zabbix_server.log. But they never showed up in web UI because the monitored host did belong to the proxy.

Hope this was clear.. :-)

Ayway, thanks for help. Your input made me solve the problem. And you also teached me that I can run strace on a currently running process, I thought I had to start process with strace.. Thanks alot for your input!

/Stefan
      Last edited by stefan123; 26-03-2020, 12:05.

Comment

How do I mark this thread as Solved?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X