Zabbix discovering "phantom" hosts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Zabbix discovering "phantom" hosts

I have a strange one, Zabbix keeps discovering hosts that no longer exist on the network.

For example, I have a switch that was removed over a year ago, Zabbix keeps re-detecting it as an ICMP host, then tries to add it with both SNMP and ICMP checks.

The device definitely does not exist and definitely does not respond to ICMP or SNMP as per the checks.

Could it be a bug with the conditions looking for "Discovered" and "Up"? Some kind of weird database/discoverer bug?

Click image for larger version  Name:	phantom-host.png Views:	0 Size:	23.5 KB ID:	404366

Click image for larger version  Name:	zabbix-discovery-vlan.png Views:	0 Size:	30.4 KB ID:	404365‚Äč

Click image for larger version  Name:	discovery-action.png Views:	0 Size:	29.0 KB ID:	404367

Your Action condition A says "10.26.46.0/24" not "10.26.48.0/24". Could it be related to that?

Also, why is your action using (B or C) for conditions? I'm confused why you would want to do that. I would think that those two conditions, when ORed, would always be true once a box has been discovered once.

Comment

Thanks Tim, I have the "or" condition because I don't fully understand the impacts of those two conditions (I also can't find it documented). In any case I have removed them now, so we'll see if that helps.

The IP address given is just an example, so not part of this issue.

Cheers

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X