Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Job for zabbix-agent.service failed because a configured resource limit was exceeded

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job for zabbix-agent.service failed because a configured resource limit was exceeded

Hi,

I just noticed that my zabbix (active) agent on 1 of my servers was not running for a couple of weeks.

Manually starting the service I get:

Code:
    [[email protected] ~]# systemctl status zabbix-agent.service
    ● zabbix-agent.service - Zabbix Agent
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/zabbix-agent.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
       Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: resources) since Sat 2018-03-03 09:32:22 CET; 6s ago
      Process: 20407 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/zabbix_agentd -c $CONFFILE (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Mar 03 09:32:22 bezaweb03.webcanyon.eu systemd[1]: Failed to start Zabbix Agent.
    Mar 03 09:32:22 bezaweb03.webcanyon.eu systemd[1]: Unit zabbix-agent.service entered failed state.
    Mar 03 09:32:22 bezaweb03.webcanyon.eu systemd[1]: zabbix-agent.service failed.
    [[email protected] ~]# systemctl start zabbix-agent.service
    Job for zabbix-agent.service failed because a configured resource limit was exceeded. See "systemctl status zabbix-agent.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
    [[email protected] ~]#
    Code:
    [[email protected] ~]# systemctl status zabbix-agent.service
    ● zabbix-agent.service - Zabbix Agent
       Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/zabbix-agent.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
       Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: resources) since Sat 2018-03-03 09:38:20 CET; 5s ago
      Process: 22351 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/zabbix_agentd -c $CONFFILE (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)

Mar 03 09:38:20 bezaweb03.webcanyon.eu systemd[1]: zabbix-agent.service never wrote its PID file. Failing.
    Mar 03 09:38:20 bezaweb03.webcanyon.eu systemd[1]: Failed to start Zabbix Agent.
    Mar 03 09:38:20 bezaweb03.webcanyon.eu systemd[1]: Unit zabbix-agent.service entered failed state.
    Mar 03 09:38:20 bezaweb03.webcanyon.eu systemd[1]: zabbix-agent.service failed.
    Reading trough the documentation, this appears to be a selinux issue. However, selinux is disabled...
    Code:
    [[email protected] ~]# sestatus
    SELinux status:                 disabled
    This system is running CloudLinux 7.4.

Any ideas how I can fix this?

Apart from that, what is the appropriate method to monitor if the agent is dead?
    I have added an Agent Ping item to my template:

And a trigger:

But it does not seem to trigger, as the item does not get data:

Thanks!

Have you restarted the OS after changing SELinux setting to disabled?

Comment

Just check agent logs (/var/lig/zabbix/zabbix_agentd.log)
      http://uk.linkedin.com/pub/tomasz-k%...zko/6/940/430/
      https://kloczek.wordpress.com/
      zapish - Zabbix API SHell binding https://github.com/kloczek/zapish
      My zabbix templates https://github.com/kloczek/zabbix-templates

Comment

Hi,

/var/log/zabbix/zabbix_agentd.log is just empty

I had restarted it before, but tried again to be sure:

Code:
        [[email protected] ~]#
        [[email protected] ~]# uptime
         09:02:26 up 2 min,  1 user,  load average: 1.01, 0.58, 0.22
        [[email protected] ~]# sestatus
        SELinux status:                 disabled
        [[email protected] ~]# service zabbix-agent start
        Redirecting to /bin/systemctl start zabbix-agent.service
        Job for zabbix-agent.service failed because a configured resource limit was exceeded. See "systemctl status zabbix-agent.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details.
        [[email protected] ~]#

Comment

Set SELinux to disabled or set the policy.
          After changing the SELinux configuration file to disabled, it is necessary to restart the OS.

Comment

Originally posted by Atsushi View Post
            Set SELinux to disabled or set the policy.
            After changing the SELinux configuration file to disabled, it is necessary to restart the OS.
            Yeah, but selinux status IS disabled, and the server was restarted...

Comment

I was able to troubleshoot the issue with some help. Apparantly there was a ACL issue which prevented the zabbix user to write to the log file.
              After changing the ACL, zabbix can start again.

Comment

Originally posted by mitch2k View Post
                I was able to troubleshoot the issue with some help. Apparantly there was a ACL issue which prevented the zabbix user to write to the log file.
                After changing the ACL, zabbix can start again.

can you please explain more ?

Comment

Ask questions to Zabbix Dev Team in person at the Zabbix Summit 2018!
                Working...
                X