Snmp_builder for zabbix 3.2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,

After making a fully clean install of Zabbix from appliance and some additional installs as SNMP Builder and SNMPv2-(MIB, TC, SMI and CONF) mibs (other wise i hade errors of missing modules and these mibs wasn't added by mibs downloader) it looks that is started working, but it will not work as on your screen shots.

1. The tree font is light gray on light gray background
    2. I have problems see the OIDs with parrameters and have only some info under the tree
    3. Can't save anything
    4. And each time I choose another MIB file it ask me for missing modules (mibs), which I need to find and add.

SNMP Builder

PS: please can you explain IP of which server should be added to the server field?

Thanks for help.
    Last edited by Alfista; 04-05-2018, 10:41.

Comment

• mickvav
      mickvav commented
      Editing a comment
      Well, in general - snmp_builder is only useful if you have some device, which is ready to answer on your snmp requests. So, IP is the IP address of this device (as visible from zabbix server). And community is SNMP v2c community string, used as "password" in this protocol.
      How it should work:
      If you've configured correct "Server" and "Community", and selected "MIB" that is supported by that server, you should be able to select some table in Oid Tree. After you've done (and sometimes, got patient enough - tables can be huge on production hardware) - the table should appear in upper part of central screen. When you click on some cells in this table, they should get highlighted (it's yellow in default theme, not sure what it should look like in dark one) AND appear as rows in the bottom part of central screen. After you click "Save", it will try to put corresponding data elements into template, selected in "Template" drop-down-box. If it will encounter any problems, it should display them in upper part of display.
      Gray letters seems to be side effect of zabbix's new default dark color - snmp_builder was first written before themes even appeared in zabbix. If you adjust it accordingly (tell it how to work with themes) - I'll be happy to accept you pull request.

Hi,

I atach my screen shot to see my problem.
    Please can anybody help?
    Isn't this problem releated to that, that if I will do snmpwalk on zabbix localhost it doesnt work, but on all others devices it work?

Click image for larger version

Name:	snmpbuilder.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	360029

Thanks for help.

Comment

Hi Mickvav,

thanks for the explanation.
      So, I'm using it corectly, but still it will not work.
      I have used a MIB which should be known by the system (some default like SNMPv2 MIB - picture aobve), but still doesnt work correctly.
      As you see the tree is there, but can see correctly what is there writen and when I select I have on some objects something in the value by OID, but even it something is show in the item list, I can edit it and add to the template, while I have errors like:

Code:
      Incorrect value for field "history": must be between "3600" and "788400000". [snmp_builder.php:278 → CApiWrapper->__call() → CFrontendApiWrapper->callMethod() → CApiWrapper->callMethod() → CFrontendApiWrapper->callClientMethod() → CLocalApiClient->callMethod() → CItem->create() → CItemGeneral->checkInput() → CItem->checkSpecificFields() → CApiService::exception() in include/classes/api/services/CItem.php:716]
      Thanks.

Comment

• Alfista
        Alfista commented
        Editing a comment
        And I have many of errors like this in appache logs:

Did not find 'SnmpAdminString' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-EXAMPLES-MIB.txt)
        Did not find 'InetAddressType' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-EXAMPLES-MIB.txt)
        Did not find 'InetAddress' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-EXAMPLES-MIB.txt)
        Cannot find module (SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 10 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-PASS-MIB.txt
        Did not find 'SnmpAdminString' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-PASS-MIB.txt)
        Cannot find module (SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 9 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-AGENT-MIB.txt
        Did not find 'SnmpAdminString' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-AGENT-MIB.txt)
        Cannot find module (SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 9 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt
        Cannot find module (SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB): At line 16 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt
        Did not find 'SnmpAdminString' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt)
        Did not find 'vacmGroupName' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt)
        Did not find 'vacmAccessContextPrefix' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt)
        Did not find 'vacmAccessSecurityModel' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt)
        Did not find 'vacmAccessSecurityLevel' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt)
        MIB search path: /var/www/html/zabbix/snmp_builder/mibs:/usr/share/snmp/mibs
        Cannot find module (SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 14 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/SNMP-TLS-TM-MIB.txt
        Cannot find module (SNMP-TARGET-MIB): At line 16 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/SNMP-TLS-TM-MIB.txt
        Did not find 'SnmpAdminString' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/SNMP-TLS-TM-MIB.txt)
        Did not find 'snmpTargetParamsName' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/SNMP-TLS-TM-MIB.txt)
        Did not find 'snmpTargetAddrName' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/SNMP-TLS-TM-MIB.txt)
        Cannot find module (SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 10 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-EXAMPLES-MIB.txt
        Cannot find module (INET-ADDRESS-MIB): At line 13 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-EXAMPLES-MIB.txt
        Did not find 'SnmpAdminString' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-EXAMPLES-MIB.txt)
        Did not find 'InetAddressType' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-EXAMPLES-MIB.txt)
        Did not find 'InetAddress' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-EXAMPLES-MIB.txt)
        Cannot find module (SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 10 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-PASS-MIB.txt
        Did not find 'SnmpAdminString' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-PASS-MIB.txt)
        Cannot find module (SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 9 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-AGENT-MIB.txt
        Did not find 'SnmpAdminString' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-AGENT-MIB.txt)
        Cannot find module (SNMP-FRAMEWORK-MIB): At line 9 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt
        Cannot find module (SNMP-VIEW-BASED-ACM-MIB): At line 16 in /usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt
        Did not find 'SnmpAdminString' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt)
        Did not find 'vacmGroupName' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt)
        Did not find 'vacmAccessContextPrefix' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt)
        Did not find 'vacmAccessSecurityModel' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt)
        Did not find 'vacmAccessSecurityLevel' in module #-1 (/usr/share/snmp/mibs/NET-SNMP-VACM-MIB.txt)

• mickvav
        mickvav commented
        Editing a comment
        Try to change 'history' field in snmp_builder.php (line 240) to something big (it seems to be days before and seconds now, so 90 is not Ok anymore. To preserve meaning, write something like 90*3600). If it works - send me pull request, please.

• mickvav
        mickvav commented
        Editing a comment
        Tons of error messages seems to mean that some MIBs are missing. No, I don't know any efficient way to figure out which of them are and where to get them fast.

Hi Mickvav,

the change of history parameter helps. I use the 90*3600. Now I was able to add the objects.
      But I have some feature requests if its possible

1. please repair the color scheme, while when I use dark mode I can't read the MIBs items (light gray on a white background)
      2. is possible to modify your code so that we are able to to edit the paramameters directly in your tool?
      3. and mayby some improvments in the layout design, that the windows for showing choosed MIB item under the tree window and the added Items can be biger to see there mor informations and to much scroll there and als all can be widther.

Thanks for help and you have done a great job.
      Maybe you can also make an improvments for Zabbix 4.x :-)

Thanks.

Comment

• mickvav
        mickvav commented
        Editing a comment
        1. Well, I've added 90*3600 and modified color scheme (actually, removed reference to explicit white). Feel free to use updated version.
        2. and 3. require some major effort, and I have no time to implement them in near future.
        Port to 4.x - I'll do it when I decide to upgrade my own existing zabbix installation (no earlier than september, if any).
        But patches/pull requests are welcome.

Hi Mickvav,

OK thanks, I will try it.
      You have done a great job.

Comment

Working...
      X