Ad Widget

Collapse

Can Zabbix UI display sub-second (ms/ns) timestamps for history.push items?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • h0ng
    Junior Member
    • May 2025
    • 3

    #1

    Can Zabbix UI display sub-second (ms/ns) timestamps for history.push items?


    Hi all,

    I’m currently using the history.push API to send high-frequency metrics to Zabbix, and I’m including both the clock (in seconds) and ns (nanoseconds) fields to preserve full timestamp precision.

    Here’s a simplified example of what I’m sending:
    Code:
    {
      "host": "pi",
      "key": "u",
      "value": 1.829,
      "clock": 1747284947,
      "ns": 829000000
    }

    I’ve confirmed via the API and database that Zabbix stores the full nanosecond precision correctly, but in the Zabbix UI (Monitoring → Latest data or history view), the timestamp always displays in seconds only, like:

    Code:
    2025-05-15 07:55:47
    Is there any way to make Zabbix show sub-second precision (e.g., .829) in the UI?
    This would help verify high-frequency data order visually without relying on API or SQL lookups.
    If not currently possible, are there any frontend workarounds, dashboard tricks, or plans to support this in future versions?
    ​
    Last edited by h0ng; 26-05-2025, 09:58.
Working...