Ad Widget

Collapse

There is a way to change the database failure message?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • galavichid
    Member
    • Mar 2021
    • 45

    #1

    There is a way to change the database failure message?

    I have few Zabbix servers, all using same smtp relay for sending e-mail notifications. Last week, I had failure in one of them, but I need to check first which one isn't instead just see it from the e-mail I got.

    There is a way to change the message so I can make it more specific?

    The message:

    MySQL database "zabbix" on "localhost" is not available: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

    Thanks
  • jtnfoley
    Member
    • Mar 2022
    • 82

    #2
    I added hostname to the email subject line for this reason recently:
    Alerts / Media types / Email (HTML) / Message Templates / Problem ((click Edit)
    Change Subject line from "Problem: {EVENT.NAME}" to "Problem: {HOST.NAME} {EVENT.NAME}"

    Comment

    • galavichid
      Member
      • Mar 2021
      • 45

      #3
      jtnfoley Did it help? the message I got is with different subject:
      Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	0
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	517386​

      Comment

      • jtnfoley
        Member
        • Mar 2022
        • 82

        #4
        I believe you can use any Zabbix macro in those subject and body Message Templates. Since "Zabbix Server" and "localhost" is going to be used on all your zabbix servers and database connections, you may need to use something like {HOST.IP} to identify which is your actual host at fault?

        Comment

        Working...