Ad Widget

Collapse

JMX Monitoring (Java Gateway) not Working - ZBX_TCP_READ() failed: [4] Interrupted sy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

JMX Monitoring (Java Gateway) not Working - ZBX_TCP_READ() failed: [4] Interrupted sy

I am unable to get JMX Monitoring on remote servers. I am getting the following error:

ZBX_TCP_READ() failed: [4] Interrupted system call

Java Gateway - 10052
    JMX Port - 21099

Java Gateway is working correctly as I can connect on the local system and can monitor the JMX stats. It is not working for remote servers.

I opened the ports on the firewall and the server can telnet into the host on 21099 and the host can telnet back on 10052. Both ports are listening. Initially when the ports were not open, I was getting a different error.

I ran tcpdump on the server with 10052 and it doesn't seem like it any traffic is coming through. I may not be understanding the network flow correctly.

Let me know if you have any suggestions.

Hey leeman, is this fixed?

Comment

Originally posted by nirish_okram View Post
      Hey leeman, is this fixed?
      This was not resolved however I did find out what the cause is. The reason why this is happening is because we block all ports by default and just open the ones needed for security reasons as it will be hosted on the cloud.

With JMX monitoring we found that while it connects on one port, it connects back on a randomized port. I have seen several articles where you can set the port but on a higher version of java that we are willing to use.

I am not sure if there are any other workarounds for java 1.6 but if there is, i'd like to know (to anyone who is reading this).

Comment

yes, i came across that theory for failure of JMX. The nearest one that i read was http://hirt.se/blog/?p=289 . I am using Oracle JDK7. So, with this theory things should be okay if the java gateway accepts all incoming from the nodes that are being monitored? I already have the JMX port assigned and opened on the nodes for incomings from the java gateways.

Coming back to pinning down the port as you mentioned here
        "With JMX monitoring we found that while it connects on one port, it connects back on a randomized port."

I am assuming this is a port on the java gateway?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X