Hi everyone,
while looking through the community for existing solutions to manage Zabbix alerts from mobile devices, I found several interesting options, but none that fully matched what I was looking for.
So, over the past few weeks, I started working on Zweep, an open-source, self-hosted alerting system for Zabbix, with an Android app for receiving alerts, viewing active problems, and acknowledging them directly from the phone.


The idea came from a practical need: being able to receive Zabbix alerts without relying on third-party cloud services, using a channel dedicated exclusively to Zabbix rather than mixing these notifications with those from other services.
The basic flow is:
Zabbix Action → Zweep media type → Zweep server → Android app
The main goals are:
For transparency, my professional background is mainly in systems administration, networking, and Zabbix rather than software development. Zweep started from a real operational need, and I developed it iteratively with significant help from AI-based coding tools.I’ve reviewed and tested the project’s behaviour and added automated tests, security checks, dependency scanning, and an SBOM. I’m sharing the project because I think there may be similar use cases where it could be useful.
If anyone would like to try it in a lab environment, I’d be very interested to hear what works, what doesn’t, and what you think could be improved.
The project is available on GitHub:
Thanks for taking a look!
while looking through the community for existing solutions to manage Zabbix alerts from mobile devices, I found several interesting options, but none that fully matched what I was looking for.
So, over the past few weeks, I started working on Zweep, an open-source, self-hosted alerting system for Zabbix, with an Android app for receiving alerts, viewing active problems, and acknowledging them directly from the phone.
The idea came from a practical need: being able to receive Zabbix alerts without relying on third-party cloud services, using a channel dedicated exclusively to Zabbix rather than mixing these notifications with those from other services.
The basic flow is:
Zabbix Action → Zweep media type → Zweep server → Android app
The main goals are:
- keeping alert delivery completely self-hosted;
- avoiding Firebase/FCM and other third-party notification services;
- not storing Zabbix credentials on mobile devices;
- allowing operators to view and acknowledge problems directly from the app (which can also be useful for quickly stopping an escalation);
- leaving recipients, retries, timing, and escalation logic to Zabbix Actions.
For transparency, my professional background is mainly in systems administration, networking, and Zabbix rather than software development. Zweep started from a real operational need, and I developed it iteratively with significant help from AI-based coding tools.I’ve reviewed and tested the project’s behaviour and added automated tests, security checks, dependency scanning, and an SBOM. I’m sharing the project because I think there may be similar use cases where it could be useful.
If anyone would like to try it in a lab environment, I’d be very interested to hear what works, what doesn’t, and what you think could be improved.
The project is available on GitHub:
Thanks for taking a look!