Another way to monitor Oracle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

when i use
    "UserParameter=pool_free_memery,/etc/zabbix/externalscripts/check_ora/check_ora_sendtrap.sh -i orcl -q pool_free_mem
    UserParameter=waitsqlnet,/etc/zabbix/externalscripts/check_ora/check_ora_sendtrap.sh -i orcl -q waits_sqlnet"
    write it in the zabbix_agentd.conf.
    I can get a number use ,"/etc/zabbix/externalscripts/check_ora/check_ora_sendtrap.sh -i orcl -q waits_sqlnet"
    in the terminal it has the answer.but when i use "pool_free_memery","waitsqlnet"as the key of the agent.but i can't get a Item key to monitor in the zabbix web.(I create oracle user .I only can open the oracle using oracle user.I can't open it with the root or zabbix user.how can i chanslate it .and every user can open the oracle).
    can you help me?

Comment

If you have everything configure on "oracle" user you should be able to use zabbix_send under "oracle" user, try to check if path is correct (inside the script) and if you can use-it.
      Your issue seem caused by this kind of error.
      let me know
      btw It's holyday here so on next week I will not reply
      Andrea Dalle Vacche
      e-mail:
      Author of:Mastering Zabbix Book - second edition
      Zabbix Network Monitoring Essentials

Comment

Originally posted by dalle View Post
        If you have everything configure on "oracle" user you should be able to use zabbix_send under "oracle" user, try to check if path is correct (inside the script) and if you can use-it.
        Your issue seem caused by this kind of error.
        let me know
        btw It's holyday here so on next week I will not reply
        "try to check if path is correct (inside the script) and if you can use-it."
        what doed this mean?vi zabbix_send or change the zabbix_send to be root user?

Comment

Originally posted by 483 View Post
          "try to check if path is correct (inside the script) and if you can use-it."
          what doed this mean?vi zabbix_send or change the zabbix_send to be root user?
          try to call zabbix_send inside your oracle user and see if enviroment's variable are right and everything work
          Try to see if you can call zabbix_send try to see if the specified path inside the scripts is right...
          just unix's admin stuff
          Andrea Dalle Vacche
          e-mail:
          Author of:Mastering Zabbix Book - second edition
          Zabbix Network Monitoring Essentials

Comment

Hello,
            How can i fix this problem?
            PHP Code:
            root@zab /e/z/externalscripts# ./check_ora.sh -i dbname      
            ./check_ora.sh108: ./check_ora.shBad substitution      
            root
            @zab /e/z/externalscripts# ./check_ora.sh -i dbname -s   
            ./check_ora.sh108: ./check_ora.shBad substitution 
            in log at that moment:
            PHP Code:
             WARN  Orabbix Error while executing ->pool_miscon database ->dbnameException received ORA-00942: table or view does not exist                                                 
             WARN  Orabbix 
            Error while executing ->pool_sql_areaon database ->dbnameException received ORA-00942: table or view does not exist 
            but that tables are exist:
            PHP Code:
            SQLSELECT TO_CHAR(ROUND(SUM(decode(pool,'shared pool',decode(name,'library cache',0,'dictionary cache',0,'free memory',0,'sql area',                                                                                        

0,(bytes)/(1024*1024)),0)),2)) pool_misc                                                                   
            FROM V$SGASTAT
            ;  2    3                                                                                        

POOL_MISC                                                                                                      
            ----------------------------------------                                                                       
            PHP Code:
            SQLSELECT    TO_CHAR(ROUND(SUM(decode(pool,'shared pool',decode(name,'sql area',(bytes)/(1024*1024),0),0)),2)) pool_sql_area                                                                                                
            FROM V$SGASTAT
            ;  2                                                                                             

POOL_SQL_AREA                                                                                                  
            ----------------------------------------                                                                       

Comment

Orabbix - disabled items

Hello, I'd like to ask if orabbix is querying also for disabled items in zabbix when they are queryies in query.props for this item.

Thanks.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X