Zabbix 5.0 LTS released
May 12, 2020
The new release comes with a list of significant improvements in usability, security, and integrity. The main strategy the Zabbix team follows is to make Zabbix as available as possible. An open-source and free monitoring solution, Zabbix can now be deployed on-premise and in the cloud. It is available on the latest releases of platforms, containers, and Linux distros from RedHat/IBM, SuSE, Ubuntu. Now one-click Zabbix deployment is also available on Azure, AWS, Google Cloud, IBM/RedHat Cloud, Oracle, and Digital Ocean. Zabbix technical support services are now offered at Red Hat and Azure Marketplaces.
Moreover, the Zabbix monitoring tool provides numerous out-of-the-box integrations with messengers, ticketing, and alerting systems. The new release expands the list of supported services and applications that can be monitored effortlessly.
Meet some of the new features:
- Automation and discovery: the new Zabbix version comes with improved automation functionality. Automated discovery of hardware components, Windows-related resources, and advanced discovery of Java metrics have been added into the new release.
- Scalability: Zabbix UI has been optimized to simplify the monitoring of millions of devices.
- The new Zabbix monitoring agent gets an 'officially supported' status. The new extendable agent provides advanced functionality for most demanding customers and complex use cases. It is based on plugin architecture with the ability to collect metric data using various methods and technologies. We believe it is the most advanced monitoring agent on the market.
- Significant security enhancements: the new improvements guarantee that all Zabbix components communicate in a secure way and also use secure protocols for outbound communications without affecting performance in any way. Configurable ciphers and the ability to define blacklists and whitelists for metrics are critical for those using Zabbix in highly sensitive environments.
- Compression for TimescaleDB: The time-series data compression helps increase performance and efficiency while lowering operational costs.
- Usability improvements: The new release is optimized for wide screens and also introduces support for 3rd party UI modules among other enhancements of Zabbix UI.
Zabbix 5.0 is an LTS (Long Term Support) version with 5 years of official support. It combines innovation and stability and includes time-tested features, introduced in the non-LTS releases of Zabbix 4.2 and 4.4, which makes it a great choice for large-scale enterprise environments.
New and updated training courses, enterprise support upgraded.
Along with major improvements, Zabbix 5.0 LTS release comes with updates and support for Zabbix professional training courses. Zabbix LLC offers a range of in-depth training courses helping users to advance their knowledge of the Zabbix monitoring solution. Zabbix 5.0 LTS release brings changes to current Zabbix training programs, which now include information about new release features and will be provided until the next LTS release. Zabbix team also introduces one-day remote training courses to deepen users' knowledge of the specific fields - Zabbix API, Zabbix pre-processing, Zabbix Automation & Discovery, Zabbix Visualize IT!, Zabbix Performance Optimization, Zabbix SNMP, SNMP traps, IMPI. A full overview of available courses can be found on the Zabbix website: https://www.zabbix.com/training#training_courses
Zabbix 5.0 is now available for download: www.zabbix.com/download
Explore what’s new in Zabbix 5.0: https://www.zabbix.com/whats_new_5_0
Find more information on full documentation and features overview at: https://www.zabbix.com/documentation/5.0/manual
About Zabbix Company
Zabbix LLC is based in Europe, Japan, Russia, and the United States. Its founder, CEO, and Zabbix product creator is Alexei Vladishev. The basic work sphere of Zabbix LLC is the development of open-source software for monitoring networks and applications. Apart from that, the company offers a wide range of professional services designed to fit every customer's unique business demands including implementation, integration, custom development, and consulting services as well as various training programs. Zabbix team's mission is to make a superior monitoring solution available and affordable for all. For the first time, Zabbix was released in 2001. Zabbix as a company was established in 2005 in order to provide expert technical support services. There are governmental institutions of different countries along with some of the world's biggest telco, finance, educational, retail, and healthcare companies among Zabbix customers. Many of them are included in the Fortune 500 list.Contact:
Japan: +81 3-4405-7338
Russia: +7 (495) 369-54-95