Citadele is one of the largest Latvian banks according to the number of clients. Citadele’s vision is to become the best financial services provider to retail clients and SMEs in the Baltic States. Citadele Group is headquartered in Latvia, and its subsidiaries are located in Latvia, Lithuania, Estonia, and Switzerland. Citadele provides card payment, lending, deposit, investment, asset management and leasing services, and it offers a range of exclusive and unique products. Citadele is the partner of American Express® in Latvia and Lithuania. Citadele payment card with e-ticket function is the only payment card to enable its clients to pay for using public transport in Riga.
Citadele’s shareholders are a group of international and multinational investors with extensive experience in the banking sector across the world. The largest shareholder is the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) which possesses 25 % minus one share whereas the international group of investors, represented by Ripplewood Advisors LLC, owns the remaining 75 % plus one share.